Many people plan for life events such as weddings and vacations well in advance, but many people do not plan for something that is certain to happen, their funeral. While most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantages of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an already emotional time, and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted.
d. Taking the time now to arrange your funeral is one less thing your loved ones will need to worry about once you’ve passed. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. We can co-ordinate a payment plans that suits your needs, from a single payment plan to monthly bank account withdrawals. By pre-paying your funeral you eliminate your family second guessing on if they have spent too much or too little on your funeral. Pre-payment also protects you and your family from inflation, and the growth is non-taxable. Depending on your region, if your funeral costs less than the amount you have put aside, those funds will be refunded back to your beneficiaries. For more information on what is applicable in your region, simply speak to your funeral director. Each year thousands of people decide to pre-plan and pre-pay their funeral, these plans are designed to be flexible and can accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Costs are locked in, one of the main benefits to pre arranging is that we are able to lock in today's costs for the future, your family will not have to pay any additional costs.
- Fully transferable, you are able to transfer your policy to any other funeral home in the US.
- Fully insured, this is viewed as a form of life insurance and your funds will be held in a life insurance policy, this gives added protection and peace of mind as your funds are insured 100%.
- You can make payments on the pre arrangements, which can add some extra benefits.
- We automatically attach a child and grand-child rider to most pre arrangement policies that will cover costs up $3,000 in the event that your child or grandchild under the age of 18 years old passes away. This does not come from your policy.
- Between 70 and 75 decisions are made within the first 24-48 hours of death. It’s difficult to think rationally while making so many decisions within days of losing someone, pre-planning gives yourself, family and friends peace of mind. Pre-planning gives your loved ones direction of your wants and wishes.
- It’s easy. Anyone can do it, and you can change your mind at any time.